Corona Virus

Paul

@ScrumpyCheddar very glad to hear that you are on the mend and that you have such supportive neighbours. The sense of community this is bringing out is something that I hope remains. 

@Vaughan my apologies if my comment back to you in any way caused the comments about France that followed. I have only visited once and we had no problems at all. 

1 hour ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Vive la difference,

Perhaps time to get back to the thread !!

What he said! I agree wholeheartedly. :default_drink_2:

• Like 1

well tragedy has struck, i have been furloughed starting from tomorrow, so you lot had better beware as i will be watching even closer than before, to be fair it will give me more time to get things done round the house, by the time the tips reopen, there will be a new one in my back garden.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

well tragedy has struck, i have been furloughed starting from tomorrow, 

Nice one - Join the club, although not furloughed at this hovel of course.

Still,  stax of time spent on the two model 'B.A's then with photo's / videos in the normal manner - Can't wait

Griff

• Like 3

A sobering moment.
Earlier this evening an ambulance and paramedic vehicle arrived at my neighbours house. The cold, hard reality of the situation that we all face dawned at the sight of three ambulance service crew kitted out in full protective suits. Fully enclosed masks and plugged into some kind of respirator they looked like astronauts. The whole scene surreal. Disturbing. Science Fiction made reality out on my street. My neighbour's family members arrived but were denied access and instead waited outside the house, practising social distancing in a situation where human contact would be a first instinct. Hours ticked by and the ambulance did not move and finally left once the undertaker  arrived and carried out his solemn duty with as much dignity as possible encumbered with a similar protective gear to that worn by the ambulance crew.

The street is now silent. You know what? Life is just too short, precarious and precious. Tomorrow is a new day and I wish all of my family, friends and acquaintances, wherever they are, just be safe and healthy!

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

When it is so close it does bring it home how serious the situation is.

My neighbour's funeral took place today, no limo and just 8 close family allowed. The service was limited to 20 minutes in total. No wake after.
A good number of us stood at the end of our drives as the Undertaker lead the hearse up the road.

A strange mixture of news ways and old customs.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Timbo said:

A sobering moment.
Earlier this evening an ambulance and paramedic vehicle arrived at my neighbours house. The cold, hard reality of the situation that we all face dawned at the sight of three ambulance service crew kitted out in full protective suits. Fully enclosed masks and plugged into some kind of respirator they looked like astronauts. The whole scene surreal. Disturbing. Science Fiction made reality out on my street. My neighbour's family members arrived but were denied access and instead waited outside the house, practising social distancing in a situation where human contact would be a first instinct. Hours ticked by and the ambulance did not move and finally left once the undertaker  arrived and carried out his solemn duty with as much dignity as possible encumbered with a similar protective gear to that worn by the ambulance crew.

The street is now silent. You know what? Life is just too short, precarious and precious. Tomorrow is a new day and I wish all of my family, friends and acquaintances, wherever they are, just be safe and healthy!

Timbo.

I looked for an emoticon. A like, a sad, a sorry. There is not one. There will never be one. On reflection there will never be an appropriate symbol to express ones feelings, sympathy, understanding. 

But there is a very personal and private vision, that of faith, yours alone not every bodies. Your hope, not to be shared.

But respected.

By all of us.

Andrew

Edited by Wussername
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Our youngest started showing symptoms yesterday, a persistent if irregular cough and his temperature is slightly up so isolation has begun in the household. We are lucky in that we have good neighbours who will keep us supplied with essentials as and when needed

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Paul said:

Our youngest started showing symptoms yesterday, a persistent if irregular cough and his temperature is slightly up so isolation has begun in the household. We are lucky in that we have good neighbours who will keep us supplied with essentials as and when needed

It is scary, my little 5 year old granddaughter went down with it 3 weeks ago, very high temperature for 5 days and no energy and then bounced right back.

She was her normal self after 7 days. It didn't stop us being worried though.

Keep safe and well.

Breydon seems fine in all respects, polished his roast lamb and yorkies off this evening, still running around at 200mph which he does non stop from 7 am till 11 pm, I'm sure he's hyperactive. Does have quiet clingy moments though which is unlike him. A dose of calpol and his temperature is back to normal tonight but we'll keep him wrapped up as "ordered". We've just done a full shop so will only need milk at the weekend which the neighbour has already offered to get for us. 

• Like 6

The word on this mornings news is that they expect the lockdown to be extended by a further three weeks from today.  That puts the total at 7 1/2 weeks so far.  Will it be extended yet further after that?

Three weeks puts the exit at 07th May so our weekend afloat over the May bank holiday 21 - 25th isn't lost just yet, dare I live in hope?

Griff

Anyone expecting less than another 3 weeks is not in the real world, let's hope easing happens soon.

I can manage a boaty visit without a pub but it will be very strange, I've lost a bit of weight though! :default_biggrin:(probably just my liver shrinking)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

The word on this mornings news is that they expect the lockdown to be extended by a further three weeks from today.  That puts the total at 7 1/2 weeks so far.  Will it be extended yet further after that?

Three weeks puts the exit at 07th May so our weekend afloat over the May bank holiday 21 - 25th isn't lost just yet, dare I live in hope?

Griff

I think a three week extension is a mere formality and whilst I'm no expert I'm sure the lockdown will be lifted in a very slow and measured way, with normal life as we know it not returning until a vaccine is available. Unfortunately I am resigned to the fact that pubs and restaurants will be a fair way down the list when it comes to easing restrictions. Whilst there is no denying the NHS is busy, parts of it such as A+E are deserted thanks in a large part to the bars, pubs and clubs being closed. This has also made a large contribution to the reduction in the crime figures.

Personally I would support a more zero tolerance approach from the police as we come out of lockdown, when dealing with those drunk or drugged up in public and falling out of the bars in the early hours, only to create unnecessary work for the NHS. 

• Like 3

Personally I would support a more zero tolerance approach from the police as we come out of lockdown, when dealing with those drunk or drugged up in public and falling out of the bars in the early hours, only to create unnecessary work for the NHS. 

I totally agree with that one, who wouldn't?

Griff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1