Economic Diesel..

34 minutes ago, StillCruising said:

My Norfolk journey is 210miles and my Rover75 1.9 diesel does between 57 and 60 mpg 🙂

Our Hyundai I30 will do about 70mpg on a long steady run.

Not quite as good as our previous Mini One D which topped 80mpg on a run to Brittany.

Mind you we are evening that out now with the motorhome which will do 25-30mpg if we are lucky :default_laugh:

I'm not the biggest diesel car fan, but I do know that the 1.6 diesel version of my Honda is easily capable of 65-70mpg and some people (with a lighter foot than me) manage to get 80mpg :51_scream:.

We get around 42-44 from the i-VTEC version or more like 48 if my wife drives. Really good for a 'warm' petrol (thanks to the aerodynamics and those clever Honda engineers) but quite a difference in cost.

Doing the maths, it's not worth me changing - But it does make you think!

She would like this unit I passed. 22 axles loaded with aggregate, a lot of weight. Nearer to home, actually Sweden I have watched an F12 haul over 60 tonnes logging.

20171011_154114.thumb.jpg.b803bfc26947b893d996e5ec6323ff77.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trevor Transit (185bhp) on a long run does about 32mpg, up to 34mpg if I spend the journey holding up following traffic

The mighty Tiger - No idea, don't care either, the more I use the better and have only made the boat from home on a full tank without stopping for fuel once, My goodness was it  b o r i n g  or what, but then again the mighty Tiger isn't an oil burner so doesn't count

Griff

On 20/04/2021 at 14:31, Jemaki said:

(Cruise control set at 73mph on A1/A1M)

....that's because I got a £100 fine and 3 points(more than Liverpool can get these days 😅)last week on my way to Gretna(79mph in a 70mph)....grrr..🤬

3 hours ago, Jemaki said:

....that's because I got a £100 fine and 3 points(more than Liverpool can get these days 😅)last week on my way to Gretna(79mph in a 70mph)....grrr..🤬

The pitch at Anfield is full of Maris Pipers, it'll give them something to lift in May! :12_slight_smile:

MrsG's Audi Q5 mpg - as of yet no idea.  it's the 190bhp Sport version, currently set to 'Comfort' mode

We've had it for about five weeks now, brimmed the fuel tank  when we got it home and still have well over half a tank left.  The longest run its done to date it about 12 miles I think.  Looking forward to taking it down to Stalham as and when

Griff

We get over 50mpg in eco mode in the Mercedes cabrio. In full nutter mode using all 207 horses who cares but it sounds and feels great. 

Taking 30th off and going for a float long enough to wash off all the bird sh1t acquired in the shed.

This reminds me of another famous Monty Python sketch.............

Some motoring forums will say that car's onboard computers will always show you around 10% better fuel economy for sales purposes.

That said, my diesel Corsa 1.3 has a Fiat based engine and on a good day the 142 miles to Brundall, cruise set to 72mph (shows 69 on the satnav) A14/A11 gets me a score of 74 to 80 mpg. back to the anomolies of the computer though: I have noticed that if I use the same brand of fuel for a while then change, I always get the higher score. Currently averaging only 55 with these short journeys.

April 12th we took the Volvo XC90 (2.5 litre 5 cyl) and kept the speed down to around 65 and got 42mpg.