My Day

LizG

8 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

We are moored at Loddon, only a few boats when we got here,now full up other boats still trying to get in.

Look.who's moored beside us.Not Alan.None the less a nice couple. Just to let people know.Rosies is shut until September 15.

20190910_173626.jpg

We've found a nice peacefull mooring no crowds here. Saw Gooseander at Ranworth yesterday and Evening Shadow at Wroxham this morning

20190910_143031.jpg

• Like 3

We went today from Loddon to Norwich, along the way,we went through all four seasons. We arrived at the YS,just gone past 3 o'clock. Since then fine weather. Just got back from the shops.Marina treated herself to a Steiff bear.Back up later for dinner back to cove tomorrow and sadly home on Friday .

By the way the tide is very low here today

20190911_173638.jpg

20190911_173646.jpg

• Like 2

On our way home now.Has been a very good two weeks weather mixed.Thankfully no bumps this year.One problem our bulge pump is not working right.Graham will have a look next week.Our next  trip end of October 

taking our Daughter and Husband to Loddon for lunch.Then shutting the boat down until next year.

More like ‘My night ‘. Yawn!

Graham, son Harry, me , and about 10 others slept outside Willen Pavilion in MK last night to raise money for ‘The Big Bus’, a local homeless charity. It was a wonderfully mild night, and I was quite toasty in my sleeping bag, but I didn’t get that much sleep. Should have taken something softer to sleep on than an old 80’s vintage carry-mat.

Maybe I’ll have a nap this afternoon. Seems a bit of a waste of a beautiful warm day though. 

:facepalm:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SwanR said:

Shame we missed you Howard! Arrived about 10. Coffee by the yacht station, a walk up the river and then left about 12. 

I’m sure I read somewhere else that Robin is on Evening Shadow with a group of lads at the moment!

Aw, you wouldn't know I was there and I wouldn't know you were there!! Could have passed each other without knowing :default_crying1animated:

Another time maybe :default_beerchug:

There were a very nice group of gentleman on ES - I took a photo for them! :default_icon_cool:

• Like 1

Today is day 22 since I packed the fags in, that's at least £220 not spent on the blasted things

Due to depart in Trevor shortly for Mum-in-Laws.  a 270 mile drive. I need to say hi to Mum and more importantly my absent wife - She has been looking after Mum since third week in May.

This will be a testing weekend as Mum, MrsG and her uncle (Where I will be staying till Tuesday) all are smokers :65_mask:

Griff

• Like 3

don't weaken Griff, just remember you have done the hardest part already. I used to smoke at least 30 Rothman international a  day on a good day, I gave up  at midnight December 31st 1989 and have never smoked since, I could not have picked a more difficult time to do it - I was going through a divorce and a house move at the same time and felt grotty on and off for about 2 years but wouldn't give in and now you couldn't pay me to smoke.

Carole

• Like 3