• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

3 hours ago, addicted said:

don't weaken Griff, just remember you have done the hardest part already. I used to smoke at least 30 Rothman international a  day on a good day, I gave up  at midnight December 31st 1989 and have never smoked since, I could not have picked a more difficult time to do it - I was going through a divorce and a house move at the same time and felt grotty on and off for about 2 years but wouldn't give in and now you couldn't pay me to smoke.

Carole

Keep at it Griff I stopped May 1988 smoked 40JPS or1/2 oz Old Holburn a day not touched one since

• Like 1

i started and stopped on the same day back in about 1968 when i took one puff of a cigarette, doubled up coughing and never tried it again.

• Like 2

Not a bad day.This morning I helped to collect for the RNLI on the Woolwich Ferry.Then this evening thanks to Marina we did the twilight segway at Leeds Castle. Starting in bright sunlight and ending in almost dark.Getting home to see the end of strictly.,happy days.

Keep dancing. 

20190921_091912.jpg

20190921_100947.jpg

20190921_184956.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely photos Ian. Haven’t ever been to Leeds Castle but have thought about it many times. We just never seem to go south these days!

My suggestion try to pick a nice day like today.It costs £25.Seems  alot,however that ticket lasts for 12 months. If you book segway you see the park,including some bits not seen by to many.It is truly a beautiful setting.

18 hours ago, SwanR said:

Lovely photos Ian. Haven’t ever been to Leeds Castle but have thought about it many times. We just never seem to go south these days!

Leeds castle is well worth the visit Jean especially if you're a sucker for stately homes like me. Before we bought the boat and had time on our  hands at weekends we used to go to visit them regularly.

Carole

• Thanks 1

Don’t give up now you’ve done the hardest bit !

Send our regards to Mrs G and family Charlie and hope to see you both on the water soon

John

• Like 1

22 hours ago, grendel said:

i started and stopped on the same day back in about 1968 when i took one puff of a cigarette, doubled up coughing and never tried it again.

Similar to me. I tried my brothers ciggies at 13, then again at 15, but could`nt see the point. I`ve also had some nice bikes, holidays, cars etc because of the money i`ve NOT spent on ciggies. Oh, and when i was young, i suffered a lot with asthma, though have`nt had a bad attack for many years.

Had a good day today. Visited relatives, re siliconed an en-suite for a favourite Aunty. 

MrsG beautifying hersen as I type. Off out for Dinner at the Spinnaker hotel on the sea front soon then a walk round a few venues (Bars) afterwards. 

She’s a very lucky girl :default_norty:

Griff

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got up this morning and made Mrs O a bacon butty for breakfast in Windmill Lady's not very  palatial galley. I was surprised by a beautifully marked bengal cat, which was sitting on the port side deck, peering in through the galley window.  He waited patiently there for several minutes and was rewarded by a few bacon scraps. He seemed to be quite at home on the boat, which I know many cats are not,   All too soon, he was off on his way, having brightened the start of my day.

• Like 7