Monarch Airlines

It's the numbers game, John.

An Airline has, say, 60 aeroplanes and 600 pilots. The pilots are numbered 1 - 600.  Most likely  1 - 300 are Captains and 301 - 600 Co-Pilots.

Now, when No 1 retires they all move up one and Co-Pilot 301 becomes Captain 300.

Let's say they pick up 10 AirlineX aeroplanes... well they physically just CAN'T train 100 new Captains and Co-Pilots and so they'll probably take on the best of the Captain and Co-Pilot job-losers at AirlineX. The Captains will go in between the present 300 Captains and the present 300 Co-Pilots. But the more senior new Co-Pilots, not far from a command, may well be put in ahead of the less experienced present ones. It makes commercial sense.

I leave it to your imagination what happens next!

I think the Pilots should get down the temping place I know a company thats looking for holiday cover right now.

I got a Twitter last night on my radar group and logged in to view 6 Qantas jets flying in a line coming over to do the return home flights requested by the CAA.

What about that young lad who handed his home work in at school and then 18 months later watch him landing the JET2 on TV he'll be thinking that pecking order above me is getting longer.

Helene has just been told by the hotel that they have to pay for the accommodation at reception or they will be asked to leave the hotel, I guess they are worried they won't get paid.  I understand they are forming an action group around the pool to discuss tactics, no point waiting good sunbathing weather lol.

will post more when I find out.

Tim, Nipper is not suitable for the salty stuff  but I know a boat not far away that does like the odd sea trip, I'm sure I can sneak out of the wet shed under darkness   

Doug.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

Helene has just been told by the hotel that they have to pay for the accommodation at reception or they will be asked to leave the hotel, I guess they are worried they won't get paid.  I understand they are forming an action group around the pool to discuss tactics, no point waiting good sunbathing weather lol.

will post more when I find out.

Tim, Nipper is not suitable for the salty stuff  but I know a boat not far away that does like the odd sea trip, I'm sure I can sneak out of the wet shed under darkness   

Doug.

Manxman? 

• Like 1

What a great shame to see the demise of Monarch airlines. Flown with them many times never had a cause to complain, wish the same could be said for  BA, flew with them to Cape Town. The seats were so crammed in together that after putting my handbag on the floor between my feet I was  unable to  bend down to retrieve it without  getting out of my seat and actually standing up. Without an aisle seat  that wouldn't have been an option either. On the return flight  they  left us for 4 hours without offering any form of refreshment. Complaints elicited the response that  turbulence made it too difficult for the cabin crew  to get round , absolute tosh it had been a really smooth flight, the flight out had been much bumpier but we got service during that.  I wouldn't even consider flying with Ryan Air their attitude and reputation precludes that. The best service I 've ever had was  with Varig  on a flight to Lisbon and KLM Stansted to Edinburgh was pretty good too.

Carole

12 hours ago, SteveO said:

Flown Ryanair once, will never fly with them again! Pity about Monarch. We have flown with them many times over the years and always found them to be decent.

Steve

Ryanair - the rudest and biggest rip off artists in the airline trade - in my opinion and unfortunately in my dealings with them.

Real shame about Monarch though.

Alan

• Like 1

With Ryanair if the cabin crew are treated poorly by the company then that will inevitably filter down and be taken out on the passengers, maybe its not so much Ryanair we need rid of but the management.  

I must admit I do find a lot of what O'leary comes out with quite amusing.