Spirit Of Breydon On The Move

boycee

Sat on board moored at The Ferry House Surlingham when 10 mins ago on 10/7 SOB cruised past the moorings heading down river towards Brundal. It was in its mooring at the BA yard at Thorpe this morning where it has been for some time. They must have got the part and repaired it. Question is will it resume its duties such as they were or have BA sold it

Boycee

• Like 1

I heard a rumour, from a source that is normally quite accurate, that the Authority were inviting sealed tenders for SOB, though I can find no corroboration of that.

I did wonder about putting in a bid. Does 20 Park Drive and a 4 pack of Stella seem reasonable?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

I heard a rumour, from a source that is normally quite accurate, that the Authority were inviting sealed tenders for SOB, though I can find no corroboration of that.

I did wonder about putting in a bid. Does 20 Park Drive and a 4 pack of Stella seem reasonable?

I think that is a perfectly respectable offer myself.    Your hand should be snapped off.  Just hope for your sake that it included in the sale is not the crew that we once met on her.   A more miserable , less communicative bunch of whatsits I have never met until that day.   So far up their own ......... (work that one out for yourselves) you could not wish to meet.

I understand the Lake District National Park are interesting in acquiring it as a patrol and Rescue vessel for use on Derwent Water, as there current vessel is deemed too big. I guess it would be renamed Spirit of Derwent II, or perhaps even Little SOD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Paul said:

So why have you upped your offer Paul? :default_laugh:

6 hours ago, boycee said:

Sat on board moored at The Ferry House Surlingham when 10 mins ago on 10/7 SOB cruised past the moorings heading down river towards Brundal. It was in its mooring at the BA yard at Thorpe this morning where it has been for some time. They must have got the part and repaired it. Question is will it resume its duties such as they were or have BA sold it

Boycee

I wanted to take a photo of an Alpha coming up the Chet last week, but did`nt have my camera to hand, and by the time Karen got it for me, it was already upon us. I had no idea who was at the helm, and was very surprised when someone called my name.  What a shame you did`nt get there 15 minutes earlier, you could have had a cuppa.

The Authority made this decision after reviewing the launch replacement strategy which identifies the need for Ranger launches to be able to cover a wider range of tasks now undertaken by the Ranger team such as tree and bank side management and mooring maintenance.

So which of these duties did they not undertake six years ago when they spent all that money on it?

• Like 4

Just looked at the BA Members profiles, I trust Mike, Lana and Greg based on a mixture of personal knowledge and public profile to make the right decisions and therefore act in my interests. The rest well I just don’t know, their profiles seem bland not that this is a democratic consideration and given no need for votes they don’t need to try at all to win anyone’s confidence I suppose. Seems a tad stuffy in Yarr boathouses me thinks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

One careful owner,low mileage going cheap.:default_cool:

I am not so sure about that, at least the first bit. She's spent a great deal of her life moored up due to engine problems, indeed I believe that she's had several new engines over six years. 

I'd have a great deal more confidence in the BA if they were to come clean and admit that they got it wrong in the first place.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

No sign of an advert on their site as yet offering it for sale, maybe the offer is now 40 Woodbine:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

Woodbines! ...I'm not wasting good Woodbines on that lot, they'll make do with Park Drive and like it.

26 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

JP doesn't smoke! 

Unlike SOB is seems

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Lulu said:

How much, I think I'd better find another home for my parkies and wife-beater. I know looking at different ads is sometimes confusing as you're not always comparing apples with apples but that seems way over priced.

I do like the bit ... "having patrolled Breydon Water for many years". Actually not all that many, and much of the time she has been "laid up". I would have thought the advert would be better read saying something along the lines of "nearly new, hardly used"

• Like 2

On the face of it, she should be an excellent workboat. MCA cat2, renowned seakeeping qualities and built by a yard with a very good name for all types working craft. Why is everyone so anti the boat?