Weekend Storm

ExSurveyor

25 minutes ago, marshman said:

I did think the yards hiring this time of year, were not at all happy with boats going south, or north, this time of year?

True of Freedom certainly, Herbert Woods never have a problem but of course in the present conditions one uses ones judgement! Swancraft and now Bridgecraft have never limited us. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ray said:

I've only had one rough crossing, many years back now in a rather aging hire craft. It was a lot of fun or terrifying depending whether you ask me or my wife ☺

I've always thought it a good crossing if I have to pick seaweed off the coachroof afterwards - Kathy's view is somewhat different !

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, stumpy said:

I've always thought it a good crossing if I have to pick seaweed off the coachroof afterwards - Kathy's view is somewhat different !

Classic comment!

I've come across in my Drascombe and with the wind astern have surfed most of the way, that was quite exciting. I have also crossed into the teeth of a full gale and our faces were caked with dried on salt from the spray. Got to say that I like it that way! Don't think that I have ever had to clear seaweed up though, or gather mullet & crabs from out of the bilge.  Well, on Holland's IJsselmeer but not on Breydon.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Polly said:

Smoggy you just could be a candidate to join MM and Regulo as Forum idiot. 😀

I thought we took turns! It's like village idiot surely, it's the only reason moved my boat to norfolk, the cambs. village idiots just don't sink to my level!

I must point out that I am actually very well behaved on here, I generally sink to a much better level of 'wrong' in everyday life, but everyday life doesn't have moderators.

• Haha 4