Corona Virus

Paul

1 hour ago, D46 said:

Not too sure the oil price everything to do with the virus I thought that came about because of a price war ? 

There has been a global drop in the demand for oil, spurred by the virus, The price collapse was triggered by a spat between Saudi Arabia, who wanted to stop pumping in the face of reduced demand and thus keep the price up, and Russia who can't afford not to pump.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I see this morning that the Health Minister has tested positive for COVID19. Maybe she forgot to wash her hands! 😷

And according to the Times newspaper felt unwell on Friday but continued to see 50 people the next day!

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Upcycler said:

I don't know if this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me with some peoples paranoia and stupidity, but I have heard that the company who make the Corona lager have seen a dramatic drop in sales.

When we went to The Racecourse on Sunday they seem to have been selling well - stock in the fridge was lower than surrounding yellow fizz ( as I enjoyed a Wherry )

Just been to Morrisons in Beccles.   There was no empty shelves ,  nobody was stockpiling, no nasty incidents.   I wish programmes like GMB would stop frightening us olduns.       Yes there was plenty of toilet rolls, I expect the numpties that stockpiled them are feeling a bit stupid now.   I managed to get everything I needed.    Well done Morrisons and their staff.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Just been to Morrisons in Beccles.   There was no empty shelves ,  nobody was stockpiling, no nasty incidents.   I wish programmes like GMB would stop frightening us olduns.       Yes there was plenty of toilet rolls, I expect the numpties that stockpiled them are feeling a bit stupid now.   I managed to get everything I needed.    Well done Morrisons and their staff.

Hello Monica,

I will be going there sometime over the weekend. What do you think of the revamped cafe?it must be three times larger than the previous one. Admitted it was lunchtime when I called in a couple of weeks ago, but nearly all the seats were full and there was a 30 minute wait on food.

Regards

Alan

I must admit Alan that I have never been in the cafe. Busy to me is a good sign as empty cafe would not be.

This morning everything was just as it always has been. I passed a couple of little ladies who were saying I've put a couple of extra bits in my shopping today, which is understandable, not going mad as the media are reporting.

Please look after yourself.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Thanks 1

Morrison's at Lowestoft had quite a few bare shelves yesterday. I can't get baker's yeast anywhere!  My daughter, who lives in Beccles, tells me that the new Lidl is well stocked so perhaps Beccles people are more sensible than their Lowestoft counterparts.

JM ask for fresh yeast at the in store bakery, some places will give it away, others will charge a nominal sum, (I think it was about 50p for 50g last time i bought some). it gives a better taste than dried yeast too, you will need a teaspoon sized lump for a large loaf. 

get it in small amounts and it will keep for a month in the fridge, you can freeze it, but it tends to get very runny when thawed out (but still works)

I used to get 100g and sub divide it into use sized chunks in an ice cube tray, then when I was using a breadmaker, I would just throw a frozen lump in with the rest of the ingredients, always gave a decent loaf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1