Corona Virus

Paul

11 minutes ago, Hylander said:

On the news tonight Brundall doctors one confirmed case of someone returning from the far east.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Is that confirmation of someone returning from the far east or confirmation  of coronavirus.

30 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Miles apart!

Yup! But they are both famous for their railways. The little one that goes out to Dungerness. And the one that runs along the long pier out to the Ferry. The latter goes back to WW1. Having been used in a Mustard Gas Factory.

123570318-hythe-hampshire-uk-may-2019-an-electric-locomotive-with-passenger-carriages-at-the-pierhead-of-hythe.thumb.jpg.eb1b64cd76cbe2c14ee6572181b5c871.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Yup! But they are both famous for their railways. The little one that goes out to Dungerness. And the one that runs along the long pier out to the Ferry. The latter goes back to WW1. Having been used in a Mustard Gas Factory.

123570318-hythe-hampshire-uk-may-2019-an-electric-locomotive-with-passenger-carriages-at-the-pierhead-of-hythe.thumb.jpg.eb1b64cd76cbe2c14ee6572181b5c871.jpg

Not forgetting the one on the outskirts of Colchester, which also has a railway, albeit a full size one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Apparently they walked into the surgery. You couldn't make it up.

Indeed. Passed a large notice in the entrance foyer, prior to the reception area, which stated that "DO NOT ENTER WITH CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS. CONTACT 111 FOR ADVICE"

The reception area could at any one time have seated some thirty, elderly, frail, residents from our surrounding villages. 

My wife and I were telephoned today and informed that our appointment at Brundall had been transferred to the surgery at Blofield. 

Not a joke. No confirmation of this particular virus at Brundall. 

But what it does demonstrate is the care and professionalism and precautions taken by the team at Brundall to ensure the health and welfare of thier patients.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wussername said:

But what it does demonstrate is the care and professionalism and precautions taken by the team at Brundall to ensure the health and welfare of thier patients.

It does indeed.

The article also shows the sheer stupidity of some people!

• Like 5

I think despite all the gloom and doom,  we have to think positively that life will go on , for a few months it may be a tad different but we will get through this.     It used to be dodge the spots when it rained ,  well now it is dodge the virus when out and about.  

Stay well every one of you please!!!

• Like 4

Slightly off topic, but I observe that the virus has curtailed travel plans in a number of geographic areas and reduced China's economic growth by around 1 to 1.5% . This probably goes less than 1% of the way to meeting the aims of the climate change activists, yet already a UK airline has collapsed, the oil price has fallen through the floor and global financial markets have been in meltdown with trillions of dollars wiped off the value of equities.  If we want to make the changes that we are told are necessary in order to save the planet, we had better make them very, very gradually.  

• Like 2

Talk about Global warming to those in Alaska who have had their coldest winter - 40 below most of the time.   Imagine their heating bills.     I watch a blog from North Pole (yes there is a place believe me) in Alaska and it has been a struggle to keep warm, but saying that their shops in North Alaska are , Costco,  Safeway, Coop, Walmart, Tesco. are absolutely stuffed full of produce from floor to ceiling.   They have huge tins of items and bulk buy most things from I can see ,  so no panic buying,  they have to cope with 3 months at a time , most of the time.

This is just an example.  

16 hours ago, SteveO said:

This in sleepy Hythe, population 15,000, average age around 80. 

Those Hythe pensioners are a canny lot, being in the 'at risk' age group, they are not panic buying, just in case they do catch the virus and succumb to it, they dont want to spend their hard earned pensions on goods they may never use.:default_coat:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Wussername said:

Indeed. Passed a large notice in the entrance foyer, prior to the reception area, which stated that "DO NOT ENTER WITH CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS. CONTACT 111 FOR ADVICE"

The reception area could at any one time have seated some thirty, elderly, frail, residents from our surrounding villages. 

My wife and I were telephoned today and informed that our appointment at Brundall had been transferred to the surgery at Blofield. 

Not a joke. No confirmation of this particular virus at Brundall. 

The point being that now that surgery has had to close, probably until they can get a team in to deep clean the whole place to make sure it is safe for at risk patients.

I was speaking to my son in Melbourne this morning. There have been two separate fights over toilet rolls in supermarkets in Australia where the police have have attended.

The combatants in these " Bog Roll Wars" have been charged with affray.

So they will nowget a criminal record over a pack of toilet rolls!

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Boatingman said:

Hi Steve

I am also a Hythe Resident or Postling to be more precise

I have been to Waitrose and Tesco Cheriton today

All seems fine I did not see empty shelves or panic buying

But i do agree re Hythe age group LOL

Ray

It's a very small world. We are just down the road in Lympne.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SteveO said:

Slightly off topic, but I observe that the virus has curtailed travel plans in a number of geographic areas and reduced China's economic growth by around 1 to 1.5% . This probably goes less than 1% of the way to meeting the aims of the climate change activists, yet already a UK airline has collapsed, the oil price has fallen through the floor and global financial markets have been in meltdown with trillions of dollars wiped off the value of equities.  If we want to make the changes that we are told are necessary in order to save the planet, we had better make them very, very gradually.  

It's ok virgin Atlantic are doing their best to keep up pollution by flying empty aircraft due to drop in booking , all that's brought about by having to protect their landing and take off slots or they will lose them thanks to EU law .

Not too sure the oil price everything to do with the virus I thought that came about because of a price war ?