My Day

LizG

10 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Little trip today for Marina and I.First time since December to Norwich. Little book brought. A very good book on wine by Fred.Ive lots of wine books,this is good at cutting through on bull.

There’s an awful lot of bull on wine labels.  I’ve often read labels that state utter tosh like ‘freshly mown grass’,’fruity notes’, citrus flavours’ and similar.  At the end of the day, when you taste the wine, you either like it or fear for the finish on your dining room table if you spill it.

I've been very lucky.I've tasted some of the best wines money can buy.Now wines are available in supermarkets,that are of a very good quality. Fred book gives a balanced view and as I said cuts through the bull.As he said at the end of the day its a drink.I would add.Enjoy wines that you like and makes you smile.

• Like 3

No different down south!  For a number of reasons, it’s our first weekend on Norfolk Lady this year.  The weather could have been kinder, but looking at the forecast, there’s worse to come later in the week.

Bumped into Ray at the yard earlier, transferring boxes of necessaries into Sovereign Lady.  She’s a lovely boat, Ray!  Enjoy her!

FB2C27C4-D6B5-4916-B224-1FC05AC77FA7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Bumped into Ray at the yard earlier, transferring boxes of necessaries into Sovereign Lady.  She’s a lovely boat, Ray!  Enjoy her!

Great to catch up with you both, have good weekend 👍

• Thanks 1

On 03/03/2023 at 09:00, Chelsea14Ian said:

I've been very lucky.I've tasted some of the best wines money can buy.Now wines are available in supermarkets,that are of a very good quality. Fred book gives a balanced view and as I said cuts through the bull.As he said at the end of the day its a drink.I would add.Enjoy wines that you like and makes you smile.

Our local off licence manager maintains there is no such thing as a bad wine, some is just not as good as others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I remember watching wine expert Jancis Robinson interviewing the Butler at one of  the Oxford colleges about how he buys wine for their many and various feasts and functions. He said that, for red wine, as long as the alcohol level was 13% or more you could be reasonable sure that a level of care had been taken in the growing and vinification process and you could expect the wine to be of a decent quality. Not managed to prove him wrong yet. 

• Thanks 2

Chuffin Eck, there's an event, it's actually snowing, first time this year, or last year come to that.  It's very gentle and not settling on the roads/ pavements.  I'm kinda hoping we get a proper downfall that settles so I can take Purdey out for a walk in it, she has never experienced snow and is now over two n a half years old

Griff

25 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Chuffin Eck, there's an event, it's actually snowing, first time this year, or last year come to that.  It's very gentle and not settling on the roads/ pavements.  I'm kinda hoping we get a proper downfall that settles so I can take Purdey out for a walk in it, she has never experienced snow and is now over two n a half years old

Griff

Been snowing quite heavily here and looks like it's in for the day! Pooch has been chasing snowflakes in the garden and can't quite understand why they disappear when she catches them! Car will need the snow clearing off it before I attempt to go out. I reckon in a few more decades, our summer will be winter etc!! Oh well, time to put the wellies on.

Chris

Just the grassy areas, flower beds, patio furniture and roofs showing about 2" of snow here in Cambridgeshire  just outside Ely. It lightly  snowed/sleeted most of yesterday late afternoon, evening and through the night I think but none settled on paths roads etc. Despite continuing to sleet all morning most  of it has now disappeared. Good riddance!

Carole