Staying On Boats

colino

On 17/06/2020 at 18:44, MauriceMynah said:

I think that if anglers push the point then the government will have to define when you may or may not be away from your primary residence at night. It would have to be a "one size fits all" ruling and the only enforceable way would be a national curfew.

Just on the point of anglers pushing the point...its now historical it happened and they are now night fishing.

By "pushing the point" I mean officially or at least in a high profile manner. But as things stand, if those few anglers are lucky any authority aware of their activities will turn a blind eye. But should anglers start shouting about it, I have no doubt that the blind eye will suddenly regain eyesight.

It won't be the governments first priority to introduce a curfew, governments don't like doing things unpopular with the voter. but if given the choice between taking action against a few anglers or watching their whole authority go to hell in a handcart. I know what I think they'd do. 

On 17/06/2020 at 18:30, Simondo said:

Night fishing is allowed as there is no time limit on the activity. The angling trust, fish legal and lawyers successfully lobbied for this albeit you won't find explicit wording on the gov website.

Is night fishing considered different to fishing all night , you say there is no time limit stated on the activity however it is clearly stated in the ukgov web site that you are not permitted to spend overnight away from home or your bubbles home 

21 minutes ago, Simondo said:

Just on the point of anglers pushing the point...its now historical it happened and they are now night fishing.

Many people have ignored the guidance. Doesn't mean it's now legal just because they have!!!

Perhaps I'll go and stay on my boat this weekend and then it will be legal for everyone else!!!!

32 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Is night fishing considered different to fishing all night , you say there is no time limit stated on the activity however it is clearly stated in the ukgov web site that you are not permitted to spend overnight away from home or your bubbles home 

Not really... someone night fishing will usually spend all night fishing. I suppose if you work weird hours fishing all night makes sense but in reality it does mean hoards of Carp anglers are fishing all night backed by Angling Trust and clubs up and down the country.

26 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Many people have ignored the guidance. Doesn't mean it's now legal just because they have!!!

Perhaps I'll go and stay on my boat this weekend and then it will be legal for everyone else!!!!

You may well be right but I'm just stating the facts as they are right now and what is happening on the banks

10 hours ago, Polly said:

If you want a balanced and carefully researched view on Coronavirus stuff, check out Dr John Campbell’s daily YouTube offering. 

Oh Polly, it's easy to distinguish a balanced and carefully researched view on any subject! Just look out for the words 'Timbo says' or 'according to Timbo' and you know you are onto a winner...:default_blink::default_norty:

• Haha 4

it all depends on the point of balance as to how much evidence is required on one end of the scale, if you move the balance point nearer the target, then the weight of evidence required decreases, 

Viz, with a big enough lever and the right fulcrum, I could move the world. 

not only do I look for balanced views, but I also try and locate where that balance point is situated.

34 minutes ago, Cal said:

Under the "holiday homes" section which also covers boats. Holiday Homes and Self Catering can start to take bookings and guests from 13th July in Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53090890

Hopefully England will follow with similar.

I think that’s about as certain as the 4 July is for England. It’s the word ‘could’ that leaves it all up in the air. Fingers crossed all round still. 

59 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I'm not as brave as you lot, when I reshuffled my hols I went for the first week in august as my early week and early sept for 2 weeks, prolly carry the rest over to next year.

We have had that week booked off work since the back end of last year.

We can change it if needs be, but hoping we won't need too.

Interestingly at this afternoon's briefing, the Education Secretary was asked about countries he would like to see us have an air bridge with for people to start travelling. He avoided the question by extolling the virtues of holidays in the UK and hoping that's what people would do this summer ... at least that's what it sounded like to me. But there was no mention of the fact that you can't currently stay overnight. Perhaps not the most thought through answer ... unless he knows something we don't yet!

This is a quote from the Telegraph's website.

One source told the Telegraph: “The plan is to announce a small number of air bridges on June 29th, though it won’t come into force until July 4. Obviously it will depend on factors such as the scientific advice and the level of coronavirus infections at the time.

“The Foreign Office will also have to change its travel advice before then because that remains a block on people going abroad for holidays.”

The Foreign Office continues to advise against “all but essential” travel making it all but impossible for holidaymakers to secure travel insurance until the advice is changed.

Everything is pointing towards 4th July. I was going to take the previous week as annual leave but have pushed it back in the hope that by then we can use our caravan.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Everything is pointing towards 4th July. I was going to take the previous week as annual leave but have pushed it back in the hope that by then we can use our caravan.

Unfortunately it will be you and around 20 million others. The roads will be mayhem, the newly reopened pubs won't be able to cope safely, the rivers will be rammed with boats. I think I will be hanging back for a few days to let the novelty wear off a bit.  

• Like 3