More Covid Restrictions Announced.

Andrewcook

3 hours ago, Poppy said:

What I found annoying was the number of pensioners  (exclusively oldies ! ) who were wearing theirs underneath their noses !

Out of interest Poppy, have you ever challenged anyone?

(Challenged is probably the wrong word, perhaps asked why the face covering is being worn incorrectly.)

44 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Out of interest Poppy, have you ever challenged anyone?

(Challenged is probably the wrong word, perhaps asked why the face covering is being worn incorrectly.)

I did, last week.  An older lady was wearing hers over her mouth but under her mouth. I pointed out that her nose should be covered, she looked a little embarrassed and pulled it up. A little later I saw her again with it back under her nose, so it was clearly deliberate on her part !

7 minutes ago, Poppy said:

I did, last week.  An older lady was wearing hers over her mouth but under her mouth. I pointed out that her nose should be covered, she looked a little embarrassed and pulled it up. A little later I saw her again with it back under her nose, so it was clearly deliberate on her part !

No wonder we seem to be fighting a losing battle! 😷

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Poppy said:

Giving benefit of doubt here, could it have been broken so wouldn`t stay in place ?

Well, that's South Yorkshire (Part of the wider Gods Country) now in the high level tier three as from this Saturday.  No surprise there then as we kinda knew it was coming

Personally that has instantly cancelled the final social trip we had planned onboard 'B.A' for 30th this month, a four day weekend trip afloat.  Not chuffed.  I know I could probably 'Bend' the rules but I want to be part of the solution not part of the problem therefore we will not be visiting anyone UFN.  Another snag there is that I can no longer shift the forum tent / gear to its new home as planned

Griff

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Giving benefit of doubt here, could it have been broken so wouldn`t stay in place ?

Nope. Fitted prfectly well above her nose when she put it there. She was clearly chosing NOT to cover hr nose !

• Sad 2

On 20/10/2020 at 15:32, Chelsea14Ian said:

Last week,we saw a number of people on the bus/train.Wearing a mask,but covering there neck not there mouth and nose .

This is to support the flabby chin - the one below the stiff upper lip!

On 21/10/2020 at 16:27, BroadAmbition said:

Well, that's South Yorkshire (Part of the wider Gods Country) now in the high level tier three as from this Saturday.  No surprise there then as we kinda knew it was coming

Personally that has instantly cancelled the final social trip we had planned onboard 'B.A' for 30th this month, a four day weekend trip afloat.  Not chuffed.  I know I could probably 'Bend' the rules but I want to be part of the solution not part of the problem therefore we will not be visiting anyone UFN.  Another snag there is that I can no longer shift the forum tent / gear to its new home as planned

Griff

Want me to do it? 

Want me to do it?

Which?  A long weekend afloat onboard 'B.A' or shifting the forum gear?

Shifting the forum gear would be a huge help, Aunty Polly has all the contact details, its going to a location in Horning.  Be aware though that the tent is heavy and large there is also a few other items.  Mike knows exactly what

TVMOM

Griff

9 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Want me to do it?

Which?  A long weekend afloat onboard 'B.A' or shifting the forum gear?

Shifting the forum gear would be a huge help, Aunty Polly has all the contact details, its going to a location in Horning.  Be aware though that the tent is heavy and large there is also a few other items.  Mike knows exactly what

TVMOM

Griff

I was thinking more the long weekend on BA:default_biggrin:  Ah well...

Best I move the tent then! Joking aside I have the details and will sort it in the next couple of days. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi all Forum Members New Restrictions from this Thursday does this means all Boating activitys must stop ? 

Pretty much because of the travel restrictions, unless your boat is at the end of your garden ☹️

"Mixing with other households inside homes will be outlawed and travel allowed for specific purposes only, for work, education, healthcare, to shop for essentials and to care for vulnerable people.'

I might be missing the point, but the current ‘spike’ started when schools, colleges and universities went back, yet they are being allowed to stay operational.  I get that education is important, but surely this lockdown would be more effective if they closed too.  This may have been more effective if we followed the Welsh two week break, encompassing the school holidays at the same time.

The virus isn’t going away, there is no vaccine available or close to being ready, so this will only break the cycle for a short while until we have a third spike.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

I might be missing the point, but the current ‘spike’ started when schools, colleges and universities went back,

I think you’ve nailed the point there Malcolm. I agree with the need to lockdown (despite it cutting our week on MS short), but I saw someone on the news earlier this evening quoting stats showing that school age kids are a major source of transmission. They don’t tend to get it badly, but from my point of view, its more about them spreading the infection.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I think you’ve nailed the point there Malcolm. I agree with the need to lockdown (despite it cutting our week on MS short), but I saw someone on the news earlier this evening quoting stats showing that school age kids are a major source of transmission. They don’t tend to get it badly, but from my point of view, its more about them spreading the infection.

The insistence that school children and University students must continue to attend their teaching establishments staggers me.
Whitty this evening showed a side wich clearly indicated an increase in incidence from the middle of September around the time that students and chidren returned.
Coincidence ? Only a fool would say so !

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JennyMorgan said:

Boating??????

"Outdoor exercise and recreation encouraged and is unlimited - only with your household/bubble, on your own or with one other person from a different household (golf is not allowed)"

But you can't travel to do it!

Usual joined up thinking from the regulation setting department!

• Haha 1

Think this was sure to happen. The problem  is,as far as I can see.Is many people  have thought  the rules dont apply  to them.Perhaps this will help.Certainly hope so.So its  important  to keep the NHS going Specking for myself I want access to health  care,so do many thousands receiving treatment and health care. 

• Like 4