My Day

LizG

it was in this clearing that we did a small amount of filming with Michael York, nothing spectacular, I seem to recall it was for someones portfolio for the bbc, every trainee producer was meant to go out and produce a short film, naturally they got a full camera crew and minor star to help them, we did a couple of these types of shoots.

• Like 1

Growing trees, as time passes, make huge changes to a location.

Four weeks ago I drove down a road in Buckinghamshire that I travelled nearly every day for 22 years. 

About 20 year ago saplings were planted along the route. I had not been there in the 15 years that I have lived in Norfolk.

It was totally unrecognisable to me, but naturally if I had continued to drive there every day I would probably think it was exactly the same as always.

• Like 2

Friday, sanded sailing boat hull above the water line, did some repair work to a bit of hull, caused by me overtightening the tie downs, in preparation for the gales.

Saturday, rowed out to the motorboat , found the port stern rope floating in the water, how that came undone I have no idea , it would have been the leeward rope during the gales.

Other than that no damage, which is good, she was quite exposed to the wind.

Sanded sailing boat repair, given a coat of undercoat.

Sunday, 

Sanded undercoat on repair given second coat.

Sanded hull below water line in preparation for anti fouling.

I think my arms are now somewhat tired..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NeilB said:

As usual for a Monday it was a bit of a struggle to get out of bed but managed it in the end!

Put kettle on, got dressed, fired up laptop in preparation for a day working from home, made some toast, bought a boat, etc, etc :default_eusa_dance:

Hold on  sec ... bought a boat ???

You can't just post a message like that and not elaborate :default_stinky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Hold on  sec ... bought a boat ???

You can't just post a message like that and not elaborate :default_stinky:

After a few weeks of back and forth, survey etc I'm now the owner of an Alpha Craft 42 centre cockpit.  Needs a few things doing so managed to knock a reasonable amount of the asking price but nothing major. 

Up on Thursday for a good rummage around and already planning on what else I can waste my money on boat wise.

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, NeilB said:

As usual for a Monday it was a bit of a struggle to get out of bed but managed it in the end!

Put kettle on, got dressed, fired up laptop in preparation for a day working from home, made some toast, bought a boat, etc, etc :default_eusa_dance:

Congratulations, soon you'll be reminiscing about the old days when you had money and nothing needed fixing, no need to worry about those issues again, ever!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, NeilB said:

After a few weeks of back and forth, survey etc I'm now the owner of an Alpha Craft 42 centre cockpit.  Needs a few things doing so managed to knock a reasonable amount of the asking price but nothing major. 

Up on Thursday for a good rummage around and already planning on what else I can waste my money on boat wise.

:default_biggrin: 'Photos please.  You know most of us are nosey b.....s'!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

After a few weeks of back and forth, survey etc I'm now the owner of an Alpha Craft 42 centre cockpit.  Needs a few things doing so managed to knock a reasonable amount of the asking price but nothing major. . . . . .

Nice one Neil!!  Congratulations.  She makes a very large hole in the water in which to deposit copious amounts of cash!! 😉

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

. . . . . . . . . . . Up on Thursday for a good rummage around and already planning on what else I can waste my money on boat wise.

Been there, done that!!  Having a mooring in Brundall and having to pass Brian Ward every time we went to the boat proved to be a costly diversion when we first bough Norfolk Lady!!  Fortunately, for the sake of my wallet and almost three years on, I’ve managed to learn to look the other way as we pass by now! 😁

Still like to look in NYA from time to time, to see what I can’t afford.  Good job that there’s so little on the market at the moment to prevent temptation though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Been there, done that!!  Having a mooring in Brundall and having to pass Brian Ward every time we went to the boat proved to be a costly diversion when we first bough Norfolk Lady!!  Fortunately, for the sake of my wallet and almost three years on, I’ve managed to learn to look the other way as we pass by now! 😁

Might that be the reason they no longer open on a Saturday. :default_rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Picked up the keys to my new boat today!  Been doing lots of cleaning and more to do over the next few days as she’s been a tad neglected over the last couple of months.  
Popped to Neatishead and now in the White Horse

I cannot spend every waking hour cleaning so will have another cruise tomorrow!

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Picked up the keys to my new boat today!  Been doing lots of cleaning and more to do over the next few days as she’s been a tad neglected over the last couple of months.  
Popped to Neatishead and now in the White Horse

I cannot spend every waking hour cleaning so will have another cruise tomorrow!

Shame we missed you. We were moored at Neatishead last night. Congrats on the new boat! 

• Like 1

'Someone' is taking the urine here

Less than a week ago I filled up Trevor Transit with diesel at my chosen local fuel station, I paid £154:9 per Litre.  The tank took eighty litres, that was £123:92 - Not amusing

I drove past same fuel on my way home yesterday, the price had jumped to £159:9 per Litre, a 5p per litre rise in less than a week?  That means the same tank of diesel is now going to cost me £127:92, that's if it doesn't rise further before I require another visit.

I heard on the news that yesterday crude oil has just risen to about $120:00 a barrel.  No one is going to convince me that in less than 24 x Hrs the newly priced crude oil has been pumped, refined then delivered to the fuel station holding tanks

There is some serious profiteering going on here

:default_smiley-angry047:

Griff

• Like 3