My Day

LizG

9 minutes ago, Ray said:

Next time hopefully it'll be warmer and my boat will be somewhat more fragrant lol

I couldn’t smell a thing lol. Great to finally meet you too at last!  

Hoping we have struck lucky this trip with the weather. We are onboard until probably next Saturday:) 

• Like 2

Oh no! Just the idea of ‘using up good weather’ is just depressing. 
Anyway, I was doing a bit of a review of our last few trips on Moonlight Shadow, and it’s clear from the photos that we had a lot more sun in November than we had in the summer.

• Like 2

my day today has been a bit of a mixture, first was going shopping for the weeks groceries, then at lunch time a trip to my parents to take my dad and sister shopping, here I felt small as my 6'5" nephew was around too, then we were assisting putting up a fence panel at my parents and were both made to feel small by the 6'7" neighbour who is distantly related from around the corner, me being the short one at a mere 6'4" well that has to be somewhat of an event.

after shopping for my parents I meandered my way home via some of the back roads of kent, past several haunts from years past (one was so back of beyond that it surprised me that I could remember the way there).

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, grendel said:

I felt small as my 6'5" nephew was around too, then we were assisting putting up a fence panel at my parents and were both made to feel small by the 6'7" neighbour who is distantly related from around the corner, me being the short one at a mere 6'4" well that has to be somewhat of an event.

This did make me giggle, being surrounded by taller people. 

Lovely photos Jean and Sam Thank you. Such a joy to see when in the position of not being able to go to that  part of the world in the usual way. Although we did go and spend a day on Hi-JInks yesterday and got a few jobs done. It's looking as if our new canopy may be done in about a month. We've put a few bits on board, still loads more to go but it's awkward with the boat still on hard  standing so we take a few things each time we go. Once she is back in the water we can take it down in bulk. 

Carole

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Feeling effluent, Ray? 😉😁

A very long, very hot shower, a cold beer and a roast chicken dinner.... Now feeling almost human again. The job isn't finished but the hardest, most aromatic work is done so I'm happy with that 👍

• Like 4

today I decided on a trip out and a walk, so it was back to where i briefly drove through yesterday to see if i could find the little valley in the woods where many years ago we used to meet up and train for our viking re-enactment, pleased to say that I found it, though there are some quite big trees now in what was a grassy clearing, still it was nice to wander round and reminisce.

DSCF9920.JPG

DSCF9921.JPG

DSCF9922.JPG

DSCF9923.JPG

DSCF9924.JPG

DSCF9925.JPG

DSCF9926.JPG

DSCF9927.JPG

DSCF9928.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1