My Day

LizG

Went to spend some time on Hi-Jinks today. She's on hard standing but once we're aboard it feels as if we are on the boat in the usual way. We finished hanging the new curtains and are very pleased with the way they look. Also finished polishing the woodwork which has come up better than we could have ever imagined. We're slowly getting little jobs done while awaiting for the fitting of our new canopy. Once that's done we will move her to her new mooring. Then, finally  we can start to load all our paraphernalia, what a happy day that will be. Can't wait but suppose I'll just have to be patient. Got  the  little mattter of a further operation to get through yet - the magnitude of which will be determined by the outcome of an MRI scan  I had a fortnight ago the results which I will learn about next Thursday. Fingers crossed please.

Carole

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, addicted said:

Went to spend some time on Hi-Jinks today. She's on hard standing but once we're aboard it feels as if we are on the boat in the usual way. We finished hanging the new curtains and are very pleased with the way they look. Also finished polishing the woodwork which has come up better than we could have ever imagined. We're slowly getting little jobs done while awaiting for the fitting of our new canopy. Once that's done we will move her to her new mooring. Then, finally  we can start to load all our paraphernalia, what a happy day that will be. Can't wait but suppose I'll just have to be patient. Got  the  little mattter of a further operation to get through yet - the magnitude of which will be determined by the outcome of an MRI scan  I had a fortnight ago the results which I will learn about next Thursday. Fingers crossed please.

Carole

There has been a lot of talk in the media lately about the real cost of inflation.

I've been somewhat ignorant in this department.  I have noticed that purchasing lunch daily seems to have increased, that is if I have actually time to get lunch when at work. Diesel seems to have settled down at between 145 - 150 odd per Litre

Today it got rammed home.

I was low on 12g cartridges and seeing as I was passing my local gunshop for the first time in months I called in on my way home to replenish my stocks.  I normally purchase Eley Olympic Blue 12g 24 gram fibre. I always buy a thousand at a time, the cost has been slowly creeping up to around £200 per thousand, I've not had to buy any since about October last year.   Today it was £240 for a thousand WOW :default_icon_eek:  That's £40 extra for the same items and same quantity, a twenty percent rise.

Not chuffed

Griff

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Only saying similar things today. The cost of everything has risen, I was looking for some crew figures for the model MTB I am building and what was £16 a few months back is now over £30, plus postage and (because we are no longer in the EU) tax. 

BTW Even the cost of dying went up from January 1st.

• Sad 2

1993966687_Scan3.thumb.jpeg.2efdf68b51e9cbf9aa80d75bf0f54834.jpeg

It is 78 years since boats like this were seen coming out of Yarmouth Haven.

This is a Fairmile D class MTB, known as "Dog boats", in this case from the 33rd flotilla in Southampton, commanded by my father.

The coastal forces base in Gt Yarmouth was HMS Midge and was home to the 55th flotilla of D class MGBs, which were the only British coastal forces flotilla to have shark's teeth painted on the bow.

1850122391_dogboat2.thumb.jpeg.15218ad8b6e63b7f0bbf8510c7c1a309.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

WE ARE A GENERATION THAT WILL NEVER COME BACK.
A generation that walked  to school and then walked back.
A generation that did their homework alone to get out asap to play in the street.
A generation that spent all their free time in the streets with their Friends. 
A generation that played hide and seek when dark.
A generation that made mud cakes.
A generation that collected sports cards.
A generation that found, collected and washed & Returned empty bottles to the local shop for a few pennies each , then bought a chocolate bar or sweets with the money. 
A generation that made paper toys with their bare hands.
A generation who bought vinyl albums to play on record players.
A generation that collected photos and albums of clippings of their life experiences as a Kid. 
A generation that played board games and cards on rainy days.
A generation whose TV went off at midnight after playing the National Anthem.
A generation that had parents who were there.
A generation that laughed under the covers in bed so parents didn't know we were still awake.
A generation that is passing and unfortunately it will never return no matter how hard we try.  
I loved Growing up when I did. it was the best of times.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

So true,also a generation that didn't have smartphones,ipads.The must have sports gear,A generation that joined clubs,Able to entertain  themselves. 

The down side,frost on the inside of windows, running from cold rooms into warm open fires,but making toast over the fire.

• Like 2