It Is My Sad Duty

ChrisB

Yesterday afternoon I received a message from Roz, Richard Davies ( Viking 23's ) wife to say that he had just passed away.

She has asked me not only to inform this forum's members of his passing but to express sincere thanks for all the kindness and and support that he received throughout his illness and to say what real strength it gave him in his fight.

Richard was an inspirational man. Not only in the open way he shared and managed his illness which I know helped others face their own troubles, but he was just one of the World's Good Guys.

I know all members will join me in sending our sincere condolences to Roz, their son and daughter Simon and Hanna, their spouses and the grand children that gave Richard so much pleasure.

Chris Barton 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 19

Heart broken to hear this. My sincere and heartfelt condolences to Roz, the Children and Grandchildren

He was a brave, strong and inspirational man, I feel blessed to have had him in my life. We became friends, messaging each other on occasion, supporting each other in our battle. He will have a little place in my heart always

Goodnight and Sleep well my lovely friend

Edited to add a huge thank you to Chris for letting us know, it can't have been easy for him, thank you again sweetheart

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Richard was such a kind and sharing person.

I was only thinking about him yesterday as we hadn't heard from him.

So was I, so sad. 

He had so much joy though when he moved the boat closer to home.

• Like 2

Sad news indeed.

I believe he was an active member in 'the other place' but I can't remember his user name there. (It wasn't Viking). Would one of our members who use both forums and remember Richards name there, please pass this news on. There will likely be friends of his there too who may not yet know.

9 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Sad news indeed.

I believe he was an active member in 'the other place' but I can't remember his user name there. (It wasn't Viking). Would one of our members who use both forums and remember Richards name there, please pass this news on. There will likely be friends of his there too who may not yet know.

Hello John,

I have left a message for you.

Regards

Alan

Very sad news ... we come to feel we know each other so well in a community like this. And when we lose someone it really does feel like a loss of a friend even though we may not have spoken or met.

RIP Richard and best wishes to his family.

• Like 1

I'm very sad. I never met Richard in person but he came across as a very kind and thoughtful chap. Before he moved his boat to the Thames and having read my account on here of my Thames holiday in 2016, he sent me a PM to ask my advice about the Thames as a waterway. He thanked me for the replies I sent and hopefully it helped him make the decision to move. A sad loss.