Uncle Mike / Jaguar

JanetAnne

It is with great sadness that I have to pass on the news that Mike finally lost his battle with cancer in the early hours of this morning. 

Mikes love of the Broads came from over 50 years of boating, both as a hirer and then as an owner with Chameleon. 

Mike has been one of the this forums greatest friends and will, of course, be known to many of you, especially in the quiz room. 

I am sure you will all want to join me in sending your condolences to Aunty Pat via this thread at such a sad time.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Sad 12

I was saddened to hear this morning that Mike had passed away.

Mike and Pat were great supporters of the forum over many years. Anyone who purchased from the shop has Mike and Pat to thank for a swift service. Mike acted as a moderator and always offered sound advice.

My condolences and thoughts go out to Pat and their family at this sad time.

Rest peacefully Mike.

What ! Such a shock, I had no idea he was ill

The last quiz he ran was only just a month ago - they were always great fun indeed, and just this morning I was reading some of his posts on an old thread, smiling at his forum profile picture of Mallard.

Sending my condolences to the whole family

From a fellow Friday Night Quizzer - we will greatly miss you, may all your questions now be answered

Rest In Peace Mike ...

So sorry to hear of the passing of a great friend. Had many a long chat with Mike and Pat and enjoyed their hospitality too.

To Auntie Pat, please take my heartiest condolences on the loss of a great man. Friend and fellow moderator.

What sad news to hear. Mike was a lovely man he was and always helpful on here and in person when we'd meet at NBN Meets and at several of the Wooden Boat Shows he took Chameleon to. And Pat, ever by his side and handing me stickers and coasters for the NBN to hand out to people I'd meet along the rivers to help spread the Forum far and wide. A true loss, my condolences.

• Like 2

A sad day for anyone that knew Mike really.

Like many on here, I've known him since the early days of the Broads forums and he was a lovely guy. We chatted many times over the years and he'd ring me sometimes if he'd spotted something on the forum that he knew I'd want to fix :default_norty:.

Mike was also a generous guy and those of us who were at the NBN spring meet a few years back will recall the hog roast he put on for everyone to celebrate his 70th birthday with us all.

We need more Mikes in the world.

• Like 3

Sigh, I’ve been proper sad with this news. I knew it was coming, that didn’t make it any easier by a jot. My biggest condolences are of course for Pat and his family :default_icon_cry:

it seems like we have known Mike forever, well that is to say amongst our Broadland community. The early days when he took on Chameleon, she was lacking TLC, Mike did a fine job of bringing her up to spec over the years, the current custodians are carrying on with his legacy

We were sort of neighbours with him and Pat only a short drive away too

i will make every effort to attend Mike’s funeral next week too, need to see him off proper like.

I’ve given my booked in client the option of delaying by ten weeks or allowing me to tile for them on a Sunday

Mike will be missed by many, but not forgotten 

Griff

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5