Rip Ian Hathaway

coolcat

It has just been announced on Facebook that Ian (Chelsea14Ian) passed away in hospital  this evening at around 21.00hrs.

Thoughts to his family and all those that knew him at this sad time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 22

So sad to read this. What a sod life can be. New life with a new boat and the rug is pulled from beneath him. Respects to his wife, who must be devastated. He's suffered so much over the last year, but never gave up fighting to be with her.

• Like 3

I am so sorry to hear this, Ian was such a supporter of the forum. He kept us engaged during lockdown with his tales of his life as a chef, his recipes, cooking tips and his community work.

He even took all the good natured  ribbing well from members when he forgot to duck at a bridge.

We will all really miss his contributions.

It is rare that we have three members of a family all members here,

Our condolences go out to Marina, Alan and all his family.

His family, and this forum, will be a sadder place without Ian's presence.

Rest in peace Ian, your battles, fought so bravely, are over.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

I'm so saddened to read this - just as we thought he was turning a bit of a corner in the last few days.

Ian was a real character for sure, and it was so fascinating to read his stories of life as a chef

What a brave man in facing his fight against cancer as he did. He will certainly be sorely missed here

Sending condolences to the whole family, especially Marina and Alan 

Rest in peace ...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ian was an inspiration in the way he dealt with all that life threw at him and despite those challenges was still actively helping others. He will be much missed.

Sincere condolances to his family.

• Like 2

I haven’t ever met Ian, only knew him through this Forum.  I’m so sorry to hear of his passing, so soon after he’d achieved  his ambitions of moving to Norfolk.  Heartfelt condolences to his family.  Thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.

• Like 2

Deepest condolences to Marina, Alan and family. Although Ian’s health issues have been immense, he was so upfront and stoic about them. He’s no doubt helped numerous people with his openness about them. And all through it, he always seemed to have other people at the front of his mind, with the lifeboat support and fundraising. I have great admiration for him, even though I’ve never met him. 
It’s comforting to know he rallied a bit in his last few days.

We’ll miss you Ian, even though your choice of football team was very misguided!

• Like 2

It is with great sadness I read this news.

Our deepest condolences to Marina, Alan and the family.

Ian was a fighter to the end and took whatever life threw at him with a positive attitude.

His devotion to his family and passion and dedication to his charity work shone through in his posts.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Ian & Marina at Stracy Arms a few years ago (& Alan & Dave the same week) 

RIP Ian you will be sadly missed 

David & family 

• Like 2

Like others, I hadn't been fortuneate to meet Ian but nevertheless regarded him as a forum "good guy" whose posts were always enjoyable and informative. I'll miss him. My mum used to say that God always takes the good ones for himself, he's definitely got a good one in Ian...

• Like 3

As others have said I never met Ian. But, It was almost like I had. His life was an open book. 

I will miss reading his next chapter.

My condolences to Marina. Alan and all of the family.

Please keep us up to date with the arrangements Alan.

• Like 2