New Hire Boats For 2022

RS2021

On 02/11/2022 at 22:06, Dan said:

Just the two berths...

Personally I think the cream leather against the beige laminates and creamish carpet doesn't work and a you have too many similar, plain colours , but I can see why you wouldn't change the upholstery

The height of luxury and quite palatial when launched in 1993, today I think they will provide a spacious, comfortable holiday at somewhere around mid standard

https://www.herbertwoods.co.uk/book/soaring-light/

Dan

A friend of mine looked at a similar boat for sale earlier this year and I went to accompany him.

I was rather impressed with the space inside.

They had improved the rake of the otherwise very steep entry steps by doing away with the mid boat galley which in turn had made the only 2 berth bedroom C/W ensuite rather luxurious.

The now very impressive galley was where the fwd cabin would normally be.

Of course the saloon was the same as any other of its class and very good.

Overall a very impressive 2 berth πŸ‘

My friend did not buy due to the exposed access to the fore deck particularly when the top was down and the only interior access being the side steps.

If you can live with these "faults" as many people do when hiring/buying this design it is a great boat all folded into a 37' hull.

33 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

I’ve just seen a teaser photo on the Horning Pleasurecraft FB page of their new boat. The first one is going to a private owner, but there is going to be one entering the hirefleet next year.

Link for FB users:

https://www.facebook.com/broadshols

I also saw this on fb earlier today. Looks fabulous, saw her earlier during construction and hull and decks of boat number 2 is afloat in the marina.

We all know Clive follows NBN posts, let's hope he can show us a bit more of his latest fabulous creation without infringing client confidentiality.Β 

Β 

16 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Lets hope that if we ask nicely Clive will do us a weekly update on the progress when building these new boats like the one we got from the building of Broadsman , Carousel etc

JeffΒ 

The intention was there, I have taken a lot of photos but I don’t get the chance to do much with them… 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

Β 

the torpedo tube is a fishing rod holder.Β 

What a brilliant idea, the amount of times I've had to fish a rod out of the water after it slipping off the top of the boat or cruising too near an over hanging tree and getting knocked overboardΒ :default_biggrin:

She is a beautiful boat x

• Like 1

On 06/11/2022 at 12:35, C.Ricko said:

she has a mid engine, the main rear seat is a storage locker and the open one is the gas locker,Β 

the torpedo tube is a fishing rod holder.Β 

Forget the fishing rod holder - I think a torpedo tube will be both more useful and more popular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, MrBlueSky said:

Definitely not a safe area to sit and wait while coming in to moor.

Maybe not for a stern-on, I agree, in case the stern bumps the quay and throws you off. I would have thought it was safe for a side-on though, especially as there's a hand rail within reach.

17 hours ago, annv said:

I like the rear facing seat

I seem to remember Clive talking about a front seat as well, but it's difficult to make out on the pictures shown.

Β 

9 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

Is it me too or is the hull grey too?

I'm intrigued by the black 'patch' on the hull. Is it a window to give light to a quarter berth cabin, or is it just styling?