Jillr, A Friend To Us All.

Very sadly, I have just had a message from Sue Hines to tell me that Jill's daughter, Lisa, had been in contact to say Jill passed away peacefully  last Wednesday.

Jill had been ill for many years but was always a champion of the NBN and loved the Broads and boat life deeply. Always kind and generous in her posts here and elsewhere I sure we will all miss her. Condolences to her family, she was a very special lady.

Fred

• Like 4

I had met Jill on a number of occasions, seriously likeable lady. Like Jon I knew of her illness but I suppose, because it's the easy option, I took her survival for granted. Jill, I always enjoyed our meetings, like Jon I shall miss you as will the forum. Bless you for your friendship. I am not ashamed to admit that I am close to tears as I write this, God bless.

• Like 10

This is very sad news.

I always looked forward to Jill's Around and about the Broads photo posts, she was an amazing photographer who just had "The Eye" for a photograph. Not something you can learn, you either have it or you don't and Jill certainly did.

Our deepest condolences to Jill,'s family

I heartily agree about Jill's Photo Gallery 

• Like 5

What more can be said?  Jill's photographs certainly brought the broads into sharp focus for us all and often provoked a deep sigh.  Now that sigh is in sorrow on hearing the sad news.  I hope someone who knows the family will be able to let them know how much many of us that never met her, appreciated and will miss her contributions.

• Like 5

My condolences to her family. I never met Jill but her photographs were the one thread I'd set up a notification for so I never missed one. Always surprising, always engaging and always informative...very much like the lady I suspected. She will be missed very much indeed.

• Like 3

Thoughts are with her family and close friends. A really lovely lady. When I first got the pleasure of setting the questions on the Quiz she was very friendly and helpful. Her photographs as she wandered around were excellent. She will be sadly missed. 

• Like 3

I am much saddened to hear of Jills passing. My heartfelt thought go to her family whom I

never met. Jill was a very kind person I met her when she introdced me to Star Premiere

and her owner,she was living on Golden Light on the ABCwharf she was moored ahead

of SP. Lovely lady who I shall miss. There is Golden Light just in front of SP.

Star Premiere Book 002.jpg

• Like 8

Very sad indeed, I never met Jill but had a couple of chats via the forum and had a mutual respect. Very very sad, would loved to had met her. My thoughts are certainly with all her friends and family. 

• Like 2

Oh how sad and per usual because I was late reading this, everyone else has said everything I am feeling at the moment.  A lovely person, that I didn't personally know but like Broad Scot we did in a strange way! She helped bring Vaughan to this forum and when he reads this he will without doubt shed a tear as many else will being doing .............

• Like 9