Corona Virus

Paul

Apart from the very occasional bottle of Broadland Sunrise I never drink at home or on a boat. 

But......needs must so keeping safe in Nog Towers with a very welcome relief delivery of Yorkshire's finest :default_beerchug:

Keep safe folks and remember off licences and licenced brewery shops are allowed to stay open with appropriate precautions re distancing etc 

DSC_1730.JPG

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Apart from the very occasional bottle of Broadland Sunrise I never drink at home or on a boat. 

But......needs must so keeping safe in Nog Towers with a very welcome relief delivery of Yorkshire's finest :default_beerchug:

Keep safe folks and remember off licences and licenced brewery shops are allowed to stay open with appropriate precautions re distancing etc 

DSC_1730.JPG

When’s opening time? I hope Mrs Nog had a similar delivery of gin. :default_drink_2:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

DSC_1730.JPG

I was going to call in but can't see any Theakstons Old Peculiar.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, there are some long distance flights operating - the last i saw the number, flights throughout the world were down by 60%. A lot flying though are cargo planes.

I am glad KLM are still flying - although I have no knowledge whether this is the case, I suspect many of the KLM connecting flights from all over the UK to Schipol have some kind of connectivity funding.

I think keeping some flights still flying is probably necessary - there are some people who probably need to travel

5.15 am She's snoring like the engine on the Reedham Ferry and I've got back ache, so I get up.

8am Mrs P rolls out of bed.

9.45am Conversation:
Her "You could've done the ironing."
Me "No. That's your job."
Her "There are no blue/pink jobs, just jobs."

10.10am There's an angry wasp in the kitchen.
"Poppy! Theres a wasp in the kitchen. Get it !"

"That's no longer a blue job. Just a job. You get it".

The upshot of this is, we have gone back to blue/pink jobs. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 8

59 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I hope Mrs Nog had a similar delivery of gin. 

Don't worry Lady V - Mrs N is already on the case, she says it's essential shopping :default_norty:

52 minutes ago, grendel said:

do you have a similar delivery set for tomorrow?

Day after maybe G :default_beerchug:

40 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

was going to call in but can't see any Theakstons Old Peculiar

Cracking stuff indeed Mr B but might be a headache job! :default_drinks:

We fortunately have a few bottles of gin as our kids keep sending them to us.:default_biggrin:I've still got about 20 cans of lager and a few bottles still on Lady Linda.

This is just as well as Ruth had a call from the doctors telling her/us to isolate due to Ruth's medical history. Looks like we are going to be in lockdown for at least a month if not a great deal longer.

Stay well everyone.

Colin and Ruth :default_winko:

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Islander said:

We fortunately have a few bottles of gin as our kids keep sending them to us.:default_biggrin:I've still got about 20 cans of lager and a few bottles still on Lady Linda.

This is just as well as Ruth had a call from the doctors telling her/us to isolate due to Ruth's medical history. Looks like we are going to be in lockdown for at least a month if not a great deal longer.

Stay well everyone.

Colin and Ruth :default_winko:

Stay safe Colin & Ruth

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Islander said:

Looks like we are going to be in lockdown for at least a month if not a great deal longer.

There is talk about that lock-down going on for three months and that's provided there isn't a second wave of the virus. My wife's medical history is not good either so I share your concerns. Just have to take each day as it comes and today was good plus the weather was exemplary, hope that it was the same for you!! 

• Thanks 2

Thanks Peter, so far we are both ok but don't want to take any chances.

A longer lockdown will not be a problem here on the island but fresh food will be replaced with dried and tinned. As long as Ruth doesn't run out of wool we will be ok.:default_biggrin:

Colin :default_winko:

can someone explain to me how THICK some people are we have friends she is a carer he is a machinist she is still going from house to house doing her normal self employed he is in a machine shop working as normal  yesterday she worked as normal  then went to visit her daughter and granddaughter   then went home to husband who is working with loads of others so shes done several households in a day  with a chance of spreading anything where is the sence???????     

where is the sense???????     Certainly not with your friends.

I have a job pending in my village, literally just round the corner.  All the materials are either with me or the client.  It's a two day job.  I could do with earning the brass.  The guidance states only go to work if you cannot work from home.  - That allows me to go to work.  Work from home if you can - nearly everywhere I work is a home - That allows me to go to work again.  However - Do NOT visit other households not even family or friends - That's me not allowed to go to work - So we are indoors and following guidelines.  I have emailed all clients due for the next three weeks - Then we review.

Stranger - I suggest you have a strong word with your friends - they are being totally selfish and putting more than just their own lives at risk

Griff

• Like 3

9 hours ago, marshman said:

Believe it or not, there are some long distance flights operating - the last i saw the number, flights throughout the world were down by 60%. A lot flying though are cargo planes.

I am glad KLM are still flying - although I have no knowledge whether this is the case, I suspect many of the KLM connecting flights from all over the UK to Schipol have some kind of connectivity funding.

I think keeping some flights still flying is probably necessary - there are some people who probably need to travel

There are still huge numbers of people overseas who are now finding it difficult to get flights home, fearing that they will soon be locked in their country of situ. (is that a word?)  Young ones in Thailand, New Zealand, and Australia are all unable to get flights as the major carriers have either cut or completely stopped flights. The Government was asked at PMQs today to lay on rescue flights for these people. The usual answer "Its actively being worked on".